Hospital Metalcraft’s policy is to minimise any negative environmental impacts associated with its operations and continually improve its environmental performance.
Policy is realised through maintaining compliance with current environmental legislation, remaining alert to legal developments and implementing further improvements where opportunities exist.
Whilst we use green providers for our energy demands, we are continually establishing ways in which we can increase the energy efficiency of our business…
- The installation of LED lighting with effective controls to minimise electrical consumption
- Adoption of developments in plant & equipment technology to ensure that our manufacturing methods remain efficient
- Scheduled & preventative maintenance of plant & equipment to ensure that they run efficiently
- The re-use of energy wherever possible, warm air circulation from our compressors and paint curing oven
- The efficient generation of compressed air using specialist control systems to ensure that we only produce what is required
- The use of ultra-sonic equipment to detect compressed air leaks that would otherwise go un-noticed
- The use of high efficiency radiant, blown air and underfloor heating to minimise our gas usage.
Wherever possible we use chemicals that do not have a detrimental effect on the environment. All effluent discharged is treated to ensure that it meets acceptable levels for processing by the water authority.
Our delivery lorries are maintained to ensure that they run efficiently. Through the selection of Euro 6 compliant vehicles we minimise harmful emissions, whilst the use of our fleet on return journeys allows for effective reverse logistics. Our last financial year saw the collection of over 2,000 pallets, representing a significant saving in carbon.
Through effective planning, waste streams are segregated to achieve regulatory compliance, optimise recycling opportunities and reduce the volume of waste consigned to landfill.
Bristol MaidTM product is designed and manufactured to minimise environmental impact throughout its lifecycle. Customers are encouraged to dispose of ‘end of life’ product in accordance with applicable regulations and to maximise recycling opportunities wherever possible.
Hospital Metalcraft recognises the importance of responsible forest management and selects FSC certified suppliers for the provision of timber-based product, i.e. paper, wood etc.
Hospital Metalcraft is fully compliant with the WEEE regulations and is registered as a Business to Business (B2B) Producer of electrical and electronic equipment through membership of the Veolia Environmental Services WEEE Producer Compliance Scheme, registration number WEE / KE0677RX.
Packaging Waste Regulations
Hospital Metalcraft is fully compliant with the Producer Responsibility Obligations (Packaging Waste) Regulations and is a member of the Veolia Environmental Services Packaging Compliance Scheme, membership number 0292.
Carbon Reduction Commitment Regulations, (CRC)
Hospital Metalcraft has made an Information Disclosure on the CRC Registry as an Information Declarer, registration number CRC7188499.